Exciting news for southpaw Gibson fans, as the company has recently unveiled the new 2012 version of the Les Paul Standard. The new Les Paul Standard is available left-handed and in a whopping eleven different eye-catching finishes.
The most interesting of the new features added to the 2012 model has got to be the addition of Dual Burstbucker Pro Split Coil pickups. Players can now switch between meaty humbucker tones and sharper single coil tones, opening up a wide new variety of tonal possibilities!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Standard Left Handed Guitar
From left to right : Blue Mist, Gold Top, Ebony, Trans Black, Trans Amber, Fireball, Desert Burst, Tea Burst, Honey Burst, Light Burst, Heritage Cherry Sunburst.
- Body: Modern Weight Relieved Mahogany (except for Ebony, Gold Top and Blue Mist)
- Top: AAA Flame Maple
- Pickups: Dual Burstbucker Pro split coil
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck Profile: 60s
- Fingerboard: Compound Radius Rosewood
- Output Jack: Switchcraft
- Tuners: Locking Grover Kidney
- Hardware: Tone Pros TOM and Stop Bar
- Push/Pull Volume:
- Splits from humbucker to single coil
- Improved frequency tuned coil tapping for a fatter single coil tone, and better output balance
- 2 Push/Pull Tone:
- Phase Switch
- Pure Bypass takes the bridge pickup straight out the jack
For more information:
Gibson Guitars Website