View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Picks? 
Hadcore Fan

Post Picks?
Hello! I've been away for 3 months out of the country and away from my guitar but now I'm back and ready to practice again :D

While I was away I read lots of magazines and saw heaps of amazing picks and i wondered what you all use? I still just have whatever it was that the store gave me when I got my guitar but i'd like to try out some proper ones to see if it makes a difference.

Thu May 12, 2011 12:14 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Picks?
Welcome back :) I use Dunlop Jazz III Tortex (the purple ones) because they're so damn grippy. I switch between that and sometimes the V-Picks, I use the medium pointed but I'd like to try out the smaller models soon.

Mr Petrucci is bringing out a signature pick soon so you just know I'm going to be trying those :mrgreen:

I'd say just to go to your store and grab 10 or 20 different picks and see what you like. I think Dunlop do some type of variety pack which includes a whole bunch of their different picks.

Fri May 13, 2011 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Band Manager

Hey I usually use these Planet Waves picks -
http://store.daddario.com/category/146400/Classic_Celluloid
They're pretty good and non-slippery. Just remember to use thin/medium picks for your acoustic and thicker ones for the electric..

For reaaally important stuff I use this really awesome (n comparatively expensive) PRS pick :twisted: . lol I can take a guess about the quality of the guitars from the quality of that pick :lol:

I also wanna try Dunlop Gator Grip picks soon! Important thing is to look at picks that won't get too slippery with sweat when you play a long time! Hope this helps!

Fri May 13, 2011 12:12 pm
Reckless Roadie

I'm a PickBoy pos-a-grip guy myself, I get them off Ebay.

Sat May 14, 2011 12:33 pm
Hadcore Fan

Thanks for the tips! I've never heard of any of these besides the Jazz one so I will check them all out. How sad that i'm excited about getting some new picks :lol:

Mon May 16, 2011 10:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]