got my first amp today!!

Chat about amps, effects, cables, software and other types of gear

got my first amp today!!

Postby 2wheelview » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:45 pm

well i searched and searched for a used practice amp. i though about buying new but since i am a beginner i figured used was the way to go. i looked at fenders,marshall,crate, just about every model out there that makes a 10 to 20 amp. on a wim i stopped at the local pawn shop to check out there goods. they wanted dang near what a new practice amp cost for there wares!! so im about to leave and i look behind the counter and spot a dirty(litteraly) beige colored amp. i ask to see it and the guy says"sure, but i dont know anything about it." turns out its a pre-buy out Dean Markley K20. after two hours of cleaning the mistery stains off the beige cover and brushing a half pound of animal hair and lint off the grill she looks brand new and sounds fantastic. the best part of it is the guy let it go for 30 US dollars just to get it off the floor out of his way. today was a good day gentlemen!!
2wheelview
New Fan

Re: got my first amp today!!

Postby Neal » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:21 am

Haha, nice one dude - great to have some gear with a little story behind them. Let us see some photos :)
Neal
Site Admin

Postby 2wheelview » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:15 am

ok. can someone please tell me how to post pics here? i cant figure it out
2wheelview
New Fan

Postby Neal » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:24 am

You need to upload the photo somewhere (e.g. http://imageshack.us/) and then link to it using the [img] tags. So it would look something like this (replace normal brackets with square brackets) Or just press the [img] button and it will insert the tags for you, then just paste the link in between.

(img)http://imageshack.us/myphoto.jpg(/img)
Neal
Site Admin

Postby Kieran89 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:01 am

Interesting! Gotta love it when you stumble across something by accident. I always check my local pawn shops when I walk past :)
Kieran89
Reckless Roadie

Postby GemmaPJ » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:08 pm

Congrats fella, post a photograph already :twisted:
GemmaPJ
Hadcore Fan

Return to Gear & Accessories