Bugera?

Chat about amps, effects, cables, software and other types of gear

Bugera?

Postby Epizone » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:39 am

Hey again guys! I've been sniffin' on the Bugera V22, and i think it's pretty neat. - And cheap! From what I know, Bugera is owned by Behringer. The V22-model, is an all-tube amp, 2 channels (Drive and Clean), with 3x 12AX7 and 2x EL84, 12" speaker and 22 watts of power. In addition, is has a triode/pentode-mode, which enables the amp to 22w/13w. It has a seperate FX-Loop and 3 different outputs, 4ohm, 8ohm and 16ohm, which menas you are able to unplug the speaker inside the amp and plug it into a 4x12! - Pretty sweet! And the best of it all, it's only a bit over 220£, here where I live in Denmark!

So here goes my question guys! - What do you think? Does any of you have experiences with this amp? Have you heard stuff about it? "The internet" likes it. Check out some videos on youtube, and hear for yourself. It sounds pretty good actually. I'm really close to saving up for this one! All i have now is a Fender Frontman 25r, 25w solid-state amp. Which actually is a pretty good pratice amp! - But i would like some tubesound. :twisted:

Thanks is advance.
Jeff
To get something you haven't had before, you need to do something you haven't done before.

YouTube Channel FaceBook Page
Epizone
Wasted Groupie

Re: Bugera?

Postby Neal » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:19 am

I know a couple of people with Bugeras and they love them. But a LOT of people won't touch Behringer with a barge pole because their products are famous for being poorly made and having problems arise as a result.
Neal
Site Admin

Postby craig » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:31 pm

i dont know about the amps myself, but as far as behringer goes i to have heard people wont touch them, having said that i have a behringer mixing desk and have had it for years with no problem at all.
STAY TUNED
craig
Reckless Roadie

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:00 am

I have never owned a Bugera but I have seen a lot of people with problems on the net, If you want a good value cheap tube amp check out the Laney Cub 15 runs on a pair of EL84's & can be run on a less than one watt setting, plenty of good reviews & reliable, another cheap all tube amp is an Epiphone Valve Jr, plenty of mods available & very reliable,I owned one.
If you want to spend a bit more, I can honestly say the Egnater Tweaker 15 will make you very happy, I have been through the looking for great tube amp tone at low volume saga & have tried numerous amps & the Tweaker punches out a great range of tones from Blues to Rock without blowing your windows out!!!!!!!!! But if you want to blow the windows out it can do that too ha-ha. My advice for what it is worth don't buy a cheapy valve amp you will be unhappy with it. 8-)
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Postby AllroyPa » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:34 am

I have the Bugera V5 (1)12ax7 (1)El84 I think it's an awesome amp for testing tubes, simple. It has a class 2 output so you can use the onboard speaker(4ohms) or unplug it and run the out into 4,8, or 16 ohm cabs. I line it mostly into my 15"Ampeg bass cab. I even played my bass through it an is perfectly good for that too. So a 5 watt for at home fun... it's well worth it if not a hell of a bargain.
AllroyPa
Reckless Roadie

Postby Epizone » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:33 am

I've a Behringer mix-desk aswell. I have DJ'ed with it and once dropped some beer in it, by accident, and it still works. Though i heard that Behringer Amps are bad, very bad. From what i've seen/heard/read on the internet Bugera Amps are quite okay. I'm an 18 year old student, and trust me when i say, I NO BE BILLIONARE! The most interesting thing about the Bugera Amp is the price on them.

And take a look at this, just to pick an example:

It sounds really nice! I have a feeling that Bugera amps are worth the money. :P
To get something you haven't had before, you need to do something you haven't done before.

YouTube Channel FaceBook Page
Epizone
Wasted Groupie

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:31 am

Epizone wrote:I've a Behringer mix-desk aswell. I have DJ'ed with it and once dropped some beer in it, by accident, and it still works. Though i heard that Behringer Amps are bad, very bad. From what i've seen/heard/read on the internet Bugera Amps are quite okay. I'm an 18 year old student, and trust me when i say, I NO BE BILLIONARE! The most interesting thing about the Bugera Amp is the price on them

It sounds really nice! I have a feeling that Bugera amps are worth the money. :P

Hey Jeff, Sounds to me like you had made up your mind on the Bugera before you asked for advice mate,
I reckon if you want it buy it & be sure to let us know what it is like. It could well be you are on to a good thing.
Heres another review for you & a long thread on The Gear Page :lol:
http://www.grumpyrocker.co.uk/bugera-v22-review
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=594278
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Return to Gear & Accessories