FRACTAL AXE FX

Chat about amps, effects, cables, software and other types of gear

FRACTAL AXE FX

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:08 am

Any opinions on the Fractal gear :?: Do you think it could be the way of the future once the prices come down :?: From what I have seen online looks & sounds pretty incredible. Anyone own or had a play with an Axe FX :?: Would love to know your thoughts 8-)
http://shop.independentmusic.com.au/products/Ultimate-Rig.html

Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Re: FRACTAL AXE FX

Postby Neal » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:21 am

I definitely think it's the way forward, but I hate their business model. The wait time is rediculous for one of these because they insist on making them by hand in the States. They are also crazy expensive because of this.

They need to outsource the labour to bring the prices down and let the rest of us have a go. Because there's only one dealer for the entirety of Europe they can charge whatever the hell they want, it sucks.

I haven't owned an amp in over 5 years and I have no interest at all in getting one. PodFarm and headphones does me fine. I think Phil Collen from Def Leppard used GuitarRig for the whole new album. The ElevenRack I won last month was even better but it just didn't fit well into my setup.
Neal
Site Admin

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 am

Neal wrote:I definitely think it's the way forward, but I hate their business model. The wait time is rediculous for one of these because they insist on making them by hand in the States. They are also crazy expensive because of this.

They need to outsource the labour to bring the prices down and let the rest of us have a go. Because there's only one dealer for the entirety of Europe they can charge whatever the hell they want, it sucks.

I haven't owned an amp in over 5 years and I have no interest at all in getting one. PodFarm and headphones does me fine. I think Phil Collen from Def Leppard used GuitarRig for the whole new album. The ElevenRack I won last month was even better but it just didn't fit well into my setup.

Those guys are in business to make money & to make the big dollars they would have to outsource to China ,Korea wherever eventually, otherwise you would think they are going to lose out bigtime if they don't sell to the masses. Do you not like amps full stop Neal or is software a more suitable option for you :?: ( close neighbours etc )
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Postby Neal » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:34 am

I love amps, can't beat that proper valve/tube tone. They just aren't practical for me. I haven't been in a band for 5 years after having injured my wrist (injury is a recurring theme for me huh?) so I just have no need of playing loud. When the need arises i'm perfectly happy jamming out through my monitors.

Some type of computer based guitar setup just works for me. Quiet headphone practice means I can play at any volume and having all my music/youtube/tabs/dvds/seinfeld episodes right there in front of me is just very handy. Plus it's cheap, I think my Toneport cost me £40 on eBay - more money for guitars :twisted:
Neal
Site Admin

Return to Gear & Accessories