View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Pickups & Recording Software 
Pub Rockstar

Post Pickups & Recording Software
Question, Since I have started using amp modeling software more I have noticed something strange & was wondering if it is a common thing, when I am using my Tweaker amp ( or any amp) their is a big difference between tones when using bridge, neck
p/ups but when using software (Gearbox in my case) I notice very little change in tone from the p/up positions is that the norm for software based modeling? The difference in tone between using my American Strat with Kinmans & my MIM with DiMarzio Twin Rails ( Chopper in neck ) is huge using my tube amp but if I plug into the 'puter software not so much. :?

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:26 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Pickups & Recording Software
For me there's a big difference, but I haven't played through a real amp for a long while

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Band Manager

I haven't experienced anything like that. :o The difference between the neck and bridge pickup was the same for me whether I connected to an amp or PC.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:31 am
Pub Rockstar

Akshay wrote:
I haven't experienced anything like that. :o The difference between the neck and bridge pickup was the same for me whether I connected to an amp or PC.

To be honest I have been using the modeling software on my computer a fair bit lately for practise the last few weeks & I thought it sounded pretty decent but when I plugged into my Egnater it was was like night & day, you just can't beat the sound from a decent tube amp & two 12" speakers, I think I got a shock at how much better it sounds :twisted:
What amp was you plugged into :?:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:32 am
Band Manager

Memory Lane Jr wrote:
I think I got a shock at how much better it sounds :twisted:
What amp was you plugged into :?:

he he :twisted:
I usually plug my guitar into a friend's Fender Mustang amp (I don't know the exact model) or my own Laney bedroom-practice amp :P

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]