Pickups/Neck Plate

Chat about amps, effects, cables, software and other types of gear

Pickups/Neck Plate

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:30 am

Been busy this morning fitting some pickups & USA neck plate I picked up off Ebay.
I think the neck plate looks a lot nicer than the plain chrome one on the MIM.
And the DiMarzio's a Tone Zone S in the Bridge,Fastrack 1 in middle & Chopper in neck really give Strats a nice deep growl & no hum. Yeh I know Fender purists are not real keen on twin blade 'buckers, but I have my USA Strat for that Fender quack & to be honest it still sounds like a Strat but a hotted up one.
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Re: Pickups/Neck Plate

Postby Akshay » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:38 am

How do you find the DiMarzio Tone Zones MLJ? From what I've read, they sound a bit..dark?? How would you describe their sound? :)
Akshay
Band Manager

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:21 am

Akshay wrote:How do you find the DiMarzio Tone Zones MLJ? From what I've read, they sound a bit..dark?? How would you describe their sound? :)

I reckon Strats need a midrange & bass boost in the bridge p/up thats why I grabbed the Tonezone S when it came up on Ebay but I don't think it is to dark, it still has a nice high end to it & not as thin sounding & ice picky as the originals.
I mainly use the neck p/up in my guitars but I am loving the bridge now as well.
I think you are talking about a full size Tone Zone being too dark in an LP style guitar though?
Heres a vid I found of Epi LP with Tone Zone & it doesn't sound too dark but it is hard to say for sure off Y/tube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcbQpSDWp6Q
http://www.dimarzio.com/pickups/humbuck ... /tone-zone
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Postby Neal » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:10 am

Looks good! :)
Neal
Site Admin

Return to Gear & Accessories