Wonderful Tonight Eric Clapton cover

Share any of your songs or videos, show off your new band website, tell us about your upcoming gigs!

Wonderful Tonight Eric Clapton cover

Postby Akshay » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Me covering Eric Clapton's Wonderful Tonight :D
I used to feel this song was corny earlier but warmed up to it recently, Hope you guys like it! :P

Akshay
Band Manager

Re: Wonderful Tonight Eric Clapton cover

Postby wayne » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:22 pm

Great job Akshay.
your a pretty good singer, i wasn't expecting vocals.
What strings are you using now ?
Fill her up, i've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
wayne
Wasted Groupie

Postby Kieran89 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:44 pm

Whoa really nice, and good singing too!! I wouldn't have the balls to sing on YouTube, mostly because I can't sing :lol: I didn't notice any Indian accent?
Kieran89
Reckless Roadie

Postby Akshay » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:20 am

Hey thanks guys! :)

@wayne - I use the stock strings that came with my guitar. I believe their from a brand called GHS, 9-gauge strings..

@Kieran89 - Thanks! :D I do the lead vocals in my band.. Nah, not all of us have an accent as such (especially while singing :o ) That's just Russel Peters and Indian shopkeepers that have blown that out of proportion :P
Akshay
Band Manager

Postby Neal » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:51 am

Damn dude, you're the most relaxed looking player ever - no socks, leg's crossed, arm resting on the table :lol:

I really liked it. Checked out your John Mayer cover as well - equally good! Had to laugh when I saw you lived in 'Pune' though, that's awesome :mrgreen:
Neal
Site Admin

Postby wayne » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:44 pm

Akshay do you use any editing programs before uploading your vids or do you have a camera person ?
I've checked out a couple of iron man vids and a lot of them show the guy starting and stopping the camera, plus your sound was way better, was that recorded seperately or through your cameras mic ?
Fill her up, i've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
wayne
Wasted Groupie

Postby Akshay » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:22 am

@Neal - Thanks! I'd just woken up from sleep at the time.. N the John Mayer cover, goes against all the tips in your Youtube video article, have learnt since reading that one :)
PS - What's the Pune joke? You're not the first one to laugh at that ;)

@wayne - Yup I used to use Windows Movie Maker before, just to put crop the video and put in the title at the beginning. Recently, I've switched over to using the trial of Sony Vegas Movie Studio. I don't have a camera person nor was this recorded separately. :) Just used my old Olympus cam's mic..
Akshay
Band Manager

Postby Neal » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:27 am

Definition of Poon :twisted:

I think the YouTube article tips only apply if you're after some fans. I don't put any effort into videos myself because the videos are just private 'diaries' for me so I can look back at past guitars and see how badly I suck ;) I couldn't really care less how many subscribers I have to be honest. My videos have had over 250'000 views but I've maybe 40 subscribers - speaks volumes doesn't it :lol:

In saying that, one of the girls that follows me on Twitter showed me her green-screen setup last night, I'd really love to try some of that out! Maybe I could green-screen in some talent (in both senses of the word!)
Neal
Site Admin

Postby JD » Mon May 02, 2011 4:06 pm

I liked it a lot, you have a pretty good singing voice! Are you in a band?
JD
Wasted Groupie

Postby Akshay » Tue May 03, 2011 1:17 pm

@JD - Hey thanks! :) Yup I am the vocalist in my band, we're just starting out though! :? I don't play the guitar in my band..
Akshay
Band Manager

Next

Return to Live Lounge