ESP Ltd EC-1000 deluxe

List your equipment for sale and help it find a good home

ESP Ltd EC-1000 deluxe

Postby skink » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:44 pm

Both guitars are gone.
Last edited by skink on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
skink
Hadcore Fan

Re: ESP Ltd EXP-200 Explorer and ESP Ltd EC-1000 deluxe

Postby Neal » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:26 am

If you'd posted this 2 weeks ago I would almost definitely have taken that EC1000, I'd love something just keep keep in a low tuning and that would fit the bill perfectly. Damn my luck, I'm lacking in funds now :roll: I had the very same one at Uni, loved it.

Did you buy one of XLG's Eclipses?
Neal
Site Admin

Postby skink » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:50 am

Neal wrote:If you'd posted this 2 weeks ago I would almost definitely have taken that EC1000, I'd love something just keep keep in a low tuning and that would fit the bill perfectly. Damn my luck, I'm lacking in funds now :roll: I had the very same one at Uni, loved it.

Did you buy one of XLG's Eclipses?

The EC-1000's are great, I've had a few different ones now and they have all been excellent. I'd have no problem keeping it if noone is interested :)

Only selling as I ordered an Eclipse from Dave at XLG, 2nd guitar I've bought from him, top guy.
skink
Hadcore Fan

Postby Neal » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:01 am

Excellent, some of the Eclipses he has are just stunning. And I see some have already sold out. Hope you'll share a photo when you get it.

There's an amazing custom shop Eclipse on eBay USA right now with a completely insane top. But the guy is saying the list price is $8000. Absolutely crazy those ESP custom shop quotes...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Left-Handed-Lef ... 500wt_1413
Neal
Site Admin

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:50 am

Neal wrote:Excellent, some of the Eclipses he has are just stunning. And I see some have already sold out. Hope you'll share a photo when you get it.

There's an amazing custom shop Eclipse on eBay USA right now with a completely insane top. But the guy is saying the list price is $8000. Absolutely crazy those ESP custom shop quotes...

I came close to buying an ESP M-11 Snow White Lefty a while back, some dude in Sydney brought it on special order from the custom shop it had heaps of extras, Tremol-no, coil splits, I think Barenuckle p/ups & so on, I think it cost him around $5000.00 + a two month wait from factory to him. I think he needed money & it sold for $1900.00. Sad.
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Postby skink » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:59 am

Neal wrote:Excellent, some of the Eclipses he has are just stunning. And I see some have already sold out. Hope you'll share a photo when you get it.

I used to have a custom shop eclipse, it was see through black, and the top was amazing, the only real difference between it and a standard eclipse was the thru neck which was very nicely done. For some reason I just couldn't get on with it and traded it. I also had a vintage black std Eclipse and could never get on with the finish so sold that too!

The difference between the two playability wise etc was minimal.

The ESP custom stuff is really crazy money, I think you could buy a prs custom or a gibson reissue and still have plenty of change.

The std ESP stuff is good value for money as long as you don't buy it from the UK (i.e £1700 to order a lefty Eclipse from a uk dealer :o )
skink
Hadcore Fan

Postby skink » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Neal wrote:Hope you'll share a photo when you get it.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=677 :D
skink
Hadcore Fan

Re: ESP Ltd EC-1000 deluxe

Postby Zaxist » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey memory lane, funny thing, Im certain I own that white m-ii now.
Back in march 2011 I bought one of a guy in Wollongong and it had tremol no, bareknuckle painkiller for bridge and a Duncan in the neck.
Don't get me wrong they did sound great but the painkiller really did sound looser and more muddy under high gain palm muting, so I swapped them out for an emg 81 and 60. I am pretty happy with my tone at this stage through the boogie.

Hah well that's my story, small world huh?
Zaxist
New Fan

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Zaxist wrote:Hey memory lane, funny thing, Im certain I own that white m-ii now.
Back in march 2011 I bought one of a guy in Wollongong and it had tremol no, bareknuckle painkiller for bridge and a Duncan in the neck.
Don't get me wrong they did sound great but the painkiller really did sound looser and more muddy under high gain palm muting, so I swapped them out for an emg 81 and 60. I am pretty happy with my tone at this stage through the boogie.

Hah well that's my story, small world huh?

Hi Zaxist & welcome to the forum. Jeez that is unreal yeh I was so keen for that guitar I even emailed Bmusic and spoke to the dealer that sold it originally, he could not believe that guy was selling after waiting so long for it to arrive.
Thats interesting your op on the Bare Knuckle.
You in Sydney area?
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Postby Zaxist » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Yeah its quite an amazing guitar! I still keep the bareknuckle and duncan at home and i am hoping to pickup one of those ec1000s for $600ish when i see one haha. My plan was to then maybe put those pickups onto that and keep that as a guitar for different tunings since I dont really change the floyd rose tuning. But simply put these emgs really do sound amazing in this guitar!

Yep im just an hour drive north of sydney on the central coast.
Zaxist
New Fan

Next

Return to For Sale / Wanted