View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Please help with my first purchase! 

Which to buy?
TCY10E 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
AEF18 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Please help with my first purchase! 
New Fan

Post Please help with my first purchase!
So I have been looking into the right guitar for myself and have narrowed it down to two. I was hoping you might be able to give me some in-site as to what to expect to purchase and which might be the best fit for me. The two I have narrowed it down to are the lbanez TCY10E or the AEF18. I want something that will keep me occupied for a good few years and has the potential to do digital recordings in the future. I would like to play rock and some jazz / blues but mostly want something that will be as versatile as possible for as little money as possible while still keeping a good enough sound to keep me interested until I feel the need to drop a large amount of money on the next one. Could you also please help me with trying to decide if I should purchase online to get a better deal since I really don’t know what would feel right to me anyways? Shocking thing is I haven’t really been able to find very many stores in the Nashville, TN that has more than two or three left handed guitars for sell. Especially when requesting an electric/acoustic. The other thing I was wondering is if these need to have battery power to play or if its just if your wanting that electric sound. Also should I consider going ahead and purchasing an amp or is that something I could always wait on and/or just play through my computer? Also, how do you feel about all the bundle kits you see online for sell?

Thanks!

Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 pm
New Fan

Post Re: Please help with my first purchase!
What would you think would be a good alternative to the TCY10E based on what I've posted?

Tue May 08, 2012 9:12 pm
Site Admin

If you like the looks of the AEF18 then go for it, seems like a decent all-rounder. As I mentioned in the comments earlier the TCY10E isn't available left handed - and you don't want to flip guitars if it can be helped.

Acoustics aren't really my forté, so hopefully some others can chime in. Over here in the UK I'd recommend Vintage or Tanglewood for good quality budget guitars, but they won't be so accessible in the States. Consider going used and picking something of higher quality up from eBay/craigslist etc...

Tue May 08, 2012 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
Reckless Roadie

THe advice I've seen everywhere is to avoid bundle kits. They usually contain very cheap products and you have to get lucky to have any of them sound decent.

Wed May 09, 2012 12:02 am
Pub Rockstar

You'll get lots of great advice from very smart folks on this, but in the end....

YOU have to like it or you won't play it.

Get the guitar that you like that sound of, and that you are the most comfortable with.
Litterally millions of people play Stratocasters all over the World. It's a great guitar in all of it's forms, but not everyone likes that particular great guitar, and would rather play something else for reasons of their own.

Get back to where you want to belong!

Wed May 09, 2012 12:31 am
Reckless Roadie

Steve EF-15 wrote:
You'll get lots of great advice from very smart folks on this, but in the end....

YOU have to like it or you won't play it.

It's as simple a that, but harder to do as a lefty finding a few to try. Best see what you can try locally. No one can advise what will feel right to you.

I originally wanted an LP style, but after trying a few it was obvious to me they didn't suit me, even though couldn't play a thing at the time. I got a Telecaster instead. It's important to like the look of a guitar, but sound and feel is more important.

Wed May 09, 2012 12:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]