Just started playing

New to the site? Say hello and tell us a little bit about you...

Just started playing

Postby LeftyPC1 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Hi, my name is Mike and I just started playing in the spring. I’m not a lefty by choice or because I’m naturally left handed. I have no left hand. I tried to play and gave up several times during my life. Taping picks to my arm and other crazy stuff. After a concert late last year, I decided that I was going to make it happen and started on a mission. After much trial and error, I created some prosthetics and began taking lessons. For those of you who might be pessimistic, check this guy out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H5Sy4l5eHM

Guitaring has changed my life. I recently had the pleasure of meeting Phil Collen of Def Leppard at a Starbucks in Nashville. He was so interested in what I was doing, he invited me to another show a few weeks back where he introduced me to Rick Allen and got the band to sign my 2008 Les Paul. Rick plays drums without a left arm so why not guitar. Phil gave me a personal tour of his rig and all kinds of pointers and ideas that I could use. He is an amazing person!

Here are some pics of my babies. Les Paul Standard 2008, Les Paul Standard 2012, Jackson DK2L, my just purchased Jackson Phil Collen USA PC-1 Mocha from Xtreme Lefty Guitars, and Takemine EF440SCGN. My wife says I’m done with buying guitars. LOL.

LeftyPC1
New Fan

Re: Just started playing

Postby Neal » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:37 pm

Wow, i'm super jealous of that collection Mike!
Neal
Site Admin

Re: Just started playing

Postby mcarp555 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:31 pm

Welcome aboard!

An amazing account of your own personal journey. Tell your wife now that you're signed up to this forum, your guitar buying is just getting started!
Mike - Militant Left-hander
mcarp555
Pub Rockstar

Return to Introduce Yourself