New Member from Australia

New to the site? Say hello and tell us a little bit about you...

New Member from Australia

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:45 pm

Hi Guys "n" girls,
I have been checking out Lefty Fretz for a few years now & did not realize their was a forum section ( yeh what a dumb slob )
anyways good to be here amongst fellow leftoids of the world. I will upload some photos of my gear once I have figured out how this forum works with Imageshack.
I live on the Gold Coast in Australia, Sun, Sand & Surf & of coarse GUITARS!!!!!!!!!!!
I think I have uploaded a shot of the latest member of the family.
Cheers 8-)
[code]Image
Memory Lane Jr
Club Rockstar

Re: New Member from Australia

Postby Neal » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:42 am

To be fair, I don't think many people realise there is a forum, it's very quiet in here most of the time :lol: If people would stick around for a while instead of saying hello and then not bothering their arse to post perhaps we could have a decent conversation.

I love that Hagstrom. I've been so close to pulling the trigger on a Ultra Swede many time. If you get a chance it would be great if you could add a photo of your guitar(s) to the photo album on the facebook page :)

How lucky to live on the Gold Coast. I stopped there for a while when I was driving up the East Coast, little slice of paradise isn't it!
Neal
Site Admin

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:46 am

Hey Neal,
Mate that is so sad that all the lefties of the world don't use this awesome LeftyFretz forum, It has got me stuffed why a lot more are not using it. You know if you start talking about lefty hassles (lack of guitars etc) on most forums they tell you to pi** off and stop moaning, you are lucky to get what you are given you odd pri**. So this is the perfect venue for us hard done by lefties to have a chat & talk about what is available for us, I for one really appreciate the work you do on this site.
On another note the Hagstrom Super Swedes are a ripper guitar they have so much sustain, the only fault is the lack of access to frets close to the body the cutaway is to shallow. But I have to say my Fender Strats are still my favourite guitars.
And yeh the Gold Coast is pretty good spot, one of these days I would like to check out your part of the world though, from what I have seen it is pretty incredible too.
C'mon all you lefties there must be something you want to talk about.
Cheers. 8-)
Memory Lane Jr
Club Rockstar

Postby Akshay » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:53 pm

if you start talking about lefty hassles (lack of guitars etc) on most forums they tell you to pi** off and stop moaning, you are lucky to get what you are given you odd pri**

fffffffffffffff I didn't know that! :o That would require the usage of some choicest words eh?? :evil:

Bdw ur Hagstrom guitar is a looker! :)
Akshay
Band Manager

Postby AllroyPa » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:17 pm

Hey Memory Lane Jr, nice to have new members :mrgreen:
AllroyPa
Reckless Roadie

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:28 am

AllroyPa wrote:Hey Memory Lane Jr, nice to have new members :mrgreen:

Thank for that Allroy. 8-)
Memory Lane Jr
Club Rockstar

Postby AllroyPa » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Memory Lane Jr wrote:Thank for that Allroy. 8-)

I have a good friend in NSW who builds custom amps in natural wood cabs ..or revamps vintage American amps into 240V like Silvertone 1482's ...
Here's my Haggy D2F
AllroyPa
Reckless Roadie

Postby Neal » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:28 pm

They make some damn nice guitars over at Hagstrom don't they! That one is a beauty dude :o They sent me an email today so I'll be doing an updated article soon, but already i'm looking hard at their jazz guitars. Never seen a bad review :)
Neal
Site Admin

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:02 am

AllroyPa wrote:
Memory Lane Jr wrote:Thank for that Allroy. 8-)

I have a good friend in NSW who builds custom amps in natural wood cabs ..or revamps vintage American amps into 240V like Silvertone 1482's ...
Here's my Haggy D2F

Nice looking Hag you have there, can you still get that model?
Custom amps that sounds like something that would tax my credit card, what is his business name?
I am on the lookout for a high gain two channel low wattage amp.
Have you noticed a lot of hum with your Haggy when using high gain or overdrive pedals,
My Super Swede is very noisy which is a bit odd for humbuckers, my single coil strat is very quiet compared. 8-)
Memory Lane Jr
Club Rockstar

Return to Introduce Yourself