View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 New to the game 
New Fan

Post New to the game
Hi guys nice to know there are other lefties out there haa. I am in the market for my first guitar. I have been to some shops and im def sticking to left handed. I would really like a acoustic elec or I guess just acoustic. What are thoughts with solid spruce vs laminated. It seems everytime I
find a nice acoustic it is laminate . The model I like to play are takamine. Theres something about them I just dig. Takamine eg340clh is one I like but its laminate top. Also thoughts on yamaha fg720? What are some thoughts? Thanks, Tim

Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:47 am
Site Admin

Post Re: New to the game
In general a solid top will sound better than a laminate, but obviously there are exceptions to the rule - a good guitar is a good guitar. I've had plenty of laminate guitars which sounded great to my ears.

Unless it's something you plan to play for the rest of your guitar playing career I'd say it doesn't really matter. Try the guitar, if you dig it buy it. You can always hone your skills and then buy something more appropriate to what you need later on when your style has matured and you know exactly what you need.

Less time worrying about the small details, more time playing! :D

Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]