Hi - Lefty from Nottingham UK

New to the site? Say hello and tell us a little bit about you...

Hi - Lefty from Nottingham UK

Postby Lefty Addams » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Hey guys - just joined and good to be aboard amongst players who knows what it's like to be in the minority amongst guitar players!

Started playing around 25 years ago and was disillusioned at the lack of left handed guitars back then, very little has changed eh? Had to get custom southpaw instruments made back then, at least you can get a Tele or LP at your local store, but there's still not enough around for my liking ....
Lefty Addams
New Fan

Re: Hi - Lefty from Nottingham UK

Postby Neal » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Welcome :)
Neal
Site Admin

Postby Steve EF-15 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:42 am

Lefty Addams wrote:Hey guys - just joined and good to be aboard amongst players who knows what it's like to be in the minority amongst guitar players!

Started playing around 25 years ago and was disillusioned at the lack of left handed guitars back then, very little has changed eh? Had to get custom southpaw instruments made back then, at least you can get a Tele or LP at your local store, but there's still not enough around for my liking ....

Welcome Lefty. 8-)
I totally agree with the availability of southpaw gear, but it's getting better. I've finally come up with something this week that is a nice electric guitar that also falls into my modest price range after looking since about early August.
I wish I'd started playing 25 years ago, but when I tried back then I got frustrated as a rookie with a restrung righty. I'm doing better now that a quality luthier reworked that guitar properly.
This site has been invaluable with resources, and advice from veterans that will give a guy like me advice. Stick around. you'll like it here. ;)
Yamaha Eterna EF-15
Fender Standard Telecaster
Les Paul clone built from a kit with upgrade to GFS Retro-tron pickups
Get back to where you want to belong!
Steve EF-15
Pub Rockstar

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:41 am

Lefty Addams wrote:Hey guys - just joined and good to be aboard amongst players who knows what it's like to be in the minority amongst guitar players!

Hi Lefty, No relation to Morticia, Gomez & Uncle Fester I suppose, ha-ha.
Welcome mate I am sure you will enjoy your stay. :lol:
Memory Lane Jr
Club Rockstar

Return to Introduce Yourself