View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000 
Pub Rockstar

Post ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Neal a question for you mate, have you tried a ESP/LTD EC-1000 if so what are your thoughts? Nobody around my way has one to try, I have checked youtube videos but its virtually all wankers trying to play metal, Jon Way has a pretty decent review but I am worried about the EMG's 81/60's actives being voiced for metal, I am looking more for Blues/Rock/Fusion tones.

Allan's review of the Hybrid has got me hanging for his second part comparing to the PRS but I have a feeling the pickups could be the weak point on the Gaskell.
Could swap out p/ups I suppose but its an added expense.
I can feel an email to Gaskell is in order :lol:

Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:31 am
Site Admin

Post Re: ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Yup, I used to have one a while back in red. Fantastic guitar, apart from the usual crap upper fret access you find on most of those types of guitars. Here's a REALLY old video

I honestly can't remember what the pickups were like to be honest, it was years ago when I had it. It was one badass metal machine though. I don't know that it would be great for fusion though, especially if you want to spent a lot of time in the higher frets.

The Gaskell would now come with Gaskell's own brand pickups. There's a note on the news page that says the first 6 people to order a new one will get super high qrade woods. I'm not sure the exact details, but maybe worth a look.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pub Rockstar

I've been shooting the shit with Alan the past week or so; I'm edging ever closer to ordering a Thunderbass later in the year. He loves talking guitars, so ask him about the pups.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:08 am
Profile WWW
New Fan

Check out PureSalem Guitars .. a lefty owned company.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:21 pm
Hadcore Fan

From memory, those EC's usually come with one of 2 options, the standard 81/85 emg's or as passive with a JB and I think a '59.. Pretty sure that the SD equipped models are usually gold tops. I was checking them out for quite a while last year..

Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]