View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Need an advice on 8 string. 
Hadcore Fan

Post Need an advice on 8 string.
I was trying to purchase a Schecter C-8 Special with black trans finished maple and EMGs. I found it on Amazon and Musicians Friend, but none of those provide oversea shipping. I finally found it on one of the guitar shops on the web which ships overseas. They sent me a paypal invoice, and I sent my payment. But they told me one guy bought it right before they checked my payment. Then they offered me a apology discount on other guitar I'm interested. I mailed back that I have a interest on Schecter C-8 ATX, however I'm not sure who it turns out since it's priced almost $200 more expensive than the previous one.
So there's a pretty big chance that the deal would be canceled.

I've been avoiding Agile 8s from Rondo for two reasons.
They are 28.625" scale which is two big for my hands.
They all have two truss rods which would make setup tricky.

If I spend 800 to 900 USD, are there other options for 8 string guitars?
Are there any companies custom shop making about 26" scale 8 string guitar with a single truss rod?

Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:47 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Need an advice on 8 string.
I'm guessing you already have seen this, but have you looked at the semi-custom Agile order page? I'm not sure if all of those have the double truss rod system, but you can at least choose a scale length which is more suitable for you. Although it'll be a long wait! :lol: My Septor is 27" and I have small hands - isn't a problem for me :)

http://www.rondomusic.com/customquote.html

I don't really see any other options for that kind of money, besides finding something used on eBay. No doubt there are some Asian companies who will offer something, but I've no experience with that.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Hadcore Fan

Neal wrote:
I'm guessing you already have seen this, but have you looked at the semi-custom Agile order page? I'm not sure if all of those have the double truss rod system, but you can at least choose a scale length which is more suitable for you. Although it'll be a long wait! :lol: My Septor is 27" and I have small hands - isn't a problem for me :)

http://www.rondomusic.com/customquote.html

I don't really see any other options for that kind of money, besides finding something used on eBay. No doubt there are some Asian companies who will offer something, but I've no experience with that.

Yeah, I've seen that page. But on the top of the page, what does "orders for September production are closed" mean? Maybe I would ask Rondo if they can make a version with a single truss rod with two carbon fiber supports like Schecter.

I've been looking if there are good Chinese custom guitars with reasonable price. So far no luck. Korean custom builder normally asks for more than 1 or 2G USD these days. No hope for Japanese builders due to the really high Yen at this moment.

Among the 8 string builder database here, Halo Guitars seems to be offering the most reasonable prices. Are day made in the US? By looking at the prices, the prices looks almost impossible for US made guitars.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:08 pm
Site Admin

The guitars are all due for delivery either September, October or November. So those marked for September are no longer available. Although they seem to add a new run every 3 or 4 months.

Maybe worth dropping Kurt an email to find out if what you want is possible then. Perhaps he can persuade you to go for a dual rod :lol:

I was going to suggest Warmoth but it seems they don't have 8-string necks yet. No doubt they'll add them soon enough.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:44 pm
Profile WWW
Hadcore Fan

Neal wrote:
The guitars are all due for delivery either September, October or November. So those marked for September are no longer available. Although they seem to add a new run every 3 or 4 months.

Maybe worth dropping Kurt an email to find out if what you want is possible then. Perhaps he can persuade you to go for a dual rod :lol:

I was going to suggest Warmoth but it seems they don't have 8-string necks yet. No doubt they'll add them soon enough.

You want me to be brainwashed by Kurt? :lol: Maybe I'll be soon.
It would be great if they makes 8 string neck only. Probably i can go to a local luthier to build a body that fits.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:25 pm
Pub Rockstar

Schecter 8 on Ebay Aust have you seen?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lefty-Schect ... 1e6d09af81

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]