Guitar dilemma

Discuss lefty guitars and basses

Re: Guitar dilemma

Postby Neal » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:10 pm

I was just going through all the brands making new thumbnails for them and got to G&L - have you considered them?

They only list two standard lefty models on their site, but I hear they are willing to make quite a bit more than that.

Adirondack have quite a lot in stock, and last time I spoke to them they said they could try their best to get almost anything in.
http://www.adirondackguitar.com/lefty/g_l/menu.htm
Neal
Site Admin

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:34 pm

This is as good as it gets for a good as new mint MIA Strat.
Shipito was around $170 for forwarding service, so around $870 & you have a new Strat. 8-)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... efid=store

If you don't like that colour try this one, same shop cheaper price :lol:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... efid=store
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Postby Drubbing » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:45 am

Thanks Neal. Had a good look at that site, and GL seem well regarded. Nothing in my price range at present.

Musicians Friend will ship out lightly used Fenders, which by reports elsewhere look mint and still have the tags on. They currently have 2 selling for $760 shipped

So there are a few options. All entail buying sight unseen though, but it seems that's the way it is.
Drubbing
Band Manager

Postby Drubbing » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:57 am

Well my dilemma is over.

After seriously considering getting a lightly used guitar from Musicians Friend, I decide to buy the '87 Jap Start locally. I haven't found a better player, Aside from that MF stopped their free shipping to Aus, so the Strats jumped in price from $750 to $900.

Although local pickings are slim, I've been able to try a swag of LP copies, (some very good ones) - Haggies, Jackon's, ESPs, and my local superstore had a MIM and MIA strat. After all those, I felt there were too many variables to punt on getting a guitar shipped in, and returns polices just aren't viable to take up from OS, even if offered. Gaskell didn't have a Tele available to send over to my local dealer.

Try as I might I couldn't get on with the MIM, the neck was too draggy for me, my local superstore would order one a rosewood one in, which may feel less laquered, but if I order it, I have to buy it, so all the inconvenience of buying OS, without the low prices. They still have the same two leftys in there from 6 months ago. The Japanese felt and sounded as good as a new MIA, but at half the price, although it is 25 years old.
Drubbing
Band Manager

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:42 am

Drubbing wrote:Well my dilemma is over.

After seriously considering getting a lightly used guitar from Musicians Friend, I decide to buy the '87 Jap Start locally.

Photo's where are da pics of the new axe :?: :?: :?:
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Postby Drubbing » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:14 am

I didn't take any pics, but here's the linky...

http://www.pksmusic.com.au/showProduct/ ... r%2C+Japan.
Drubbing
Band Manager

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:19 am

Congrats dude looks real nice, enjoy :D
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Postby McBoogle » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:37 pm

Very nice! :mrgreen:
McBoogle
Hadcore Fan