Fingerpicks!

Chat about amps, effects, cables, software and other types of gear

Fingerpicks!

Postby Akshay » Tue May 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Have any of you tried fingerpicks, metal or plastic?
I just got these lately..

http://store.daddario.com/category/146446/Finger_%26amp%3B_Thumb_Picks

Though they fit my fingers well, I'm having trouble adapting to them (natural fingers are so much better!)
Plus for all the places where you have to pluck 2/3 strings at once, the strings seem to go underneath the picks (between my fingers and the pick)! Was it the same for you guys too, the learning/adapting curve??
Akshay
Band Manager

Re: Fingerpicks!

Postby Neal » Tue May 17, 2011 1:27 pm

I've had limited experience with this kind of thing but I did find it took a little getting used to. Every time I put them on it would take 10 minutes to re-adjust but then it would be fine. I like to use fingers as well, but it's such a pain in the ass having long nails.

I use Alaska Piks on 1,2,3,4 and then I have a Dunlop M or Fred Kelly Bumblebee for thumb.

I'm not sure if this applies to the Planet Waves kit, but did you get a left handed thumb pick? If not, maybe that's whats causing some bother. The first time I tried fingerpicks I just bought any old set from the store and I couldn't figure out how people worked the damn thumb pick. Turns out it was right handed and a quick swap to a lefty made all the difference. It was actually pretty painful wearing the righty pick because the design made it really dig into the top of my thumb.

I'd recommend the Alaska Piks, they're fantastic.
Neal
Site Admin

Re: Fingerpicks!

Postby Kieran89 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:13 am

I would just man up and grow my nails lol :lol: But yeah, I imagine if you've gotten used to picking with fingers there will be some time to get used to them. Although I've never tried them, I don't even own an acoustic :cry:
Kieran89
Reckless Roadie

Return to Gear & Accessories