Wah Pedals ?

Chat about amps, effects, cables, software and other types of gear

Wah Pedals ?

Postby wayne » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi Lefty's, i'm looking to purchase a Wah Pedal. I'm considering 3, the 1st is a BOSS PW-10 V-Wah, 2nd is a JIM DUNLOP CRYBABY 535Q and 3rd is a JIM DUNLOP CRYBABY 95Q.

Which Wah Pedal do you have ? How do you rate it ?

Which Wah Pedal would you buy ? And why ?

I look forward to your opinions and other recommendations.
Thanks, wayne
Fill her up, i've got a long way to go and a short time to get there.
wayne
Wasted Groupie

Re: Wah Pedals ?

Postby Neal » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:00 pm

I use a Zakk Wylde signature CryBaby. I really like that full on sweep and this one delivers that, it's really excellent.

I tried a TON of wahs a few years ago trying to find something I liked, I really wanted something vocal akin to Kirk Hammett's sound. At one point I even dropped £250 on this crazy tweakable wah, you literally took the back plate off and messed with the electronics to change the sound - it was close, but no cigar. So finally about 6 months ago my local store had the ZW pedal on sale so I took a risk and it paid off - love it!

I've never tried any of the 3 you listed, but I assume the Dunlops must be reasonably similar to mine. YouTube could be a good bet to get an idea what they sound like.

Meh, i'm no use :mrgreen:
Neal
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:43 am

I'm currently looking for a new Wah myself. I haven't tried the Zakk pedal so can't comment, however the one that keeps getting recommended in the Big Bad Wah by Vox (Satriani's signature pedal). It also recently won a Wah review shootout on Anderton's music store website.
I also hear the Morley Bad Horsie 2 pedal is supposed to be really good.
As mentioned, I haven't tried these yet myself but a number of people have suggested them so maybe worth trying to see what you think.

Cheers
Mark
Hadcore Fan

Postby Epizone » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:34 am

I have a Jim Dunlop CryBaby 535Q. A black, 20-year old one i got from a family member.
- afterall it is THE HENDRIX-Pedal. And, oh yes, it's awesome!

For Hendrix-style playing, blues, rock and everything in between, it does the trick fantastic!
I can really recommend the 535Q!

Good luck on the hunt! :-) Looking forward to see which one you're gonna buy.
To get something you haven't had before, you need to do something you haven't done before.

YouTube Channel FaceBook Page
Epizone
Wasted Groupie

Postby Neal » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:52 am

Hopefully Wayne has found something by now - this post was made over a year ago :o :P
Neal
Site Admin

Return to Gear & Accessories