Do girls really like guitarists?

Anything goes! Just keep it healthy!

Do girls really like guitarists?

Postby Akshay » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:51 am

Since the title of "The Moshpit" says "Anything goes! Just keep it healthy!", I thought I'd add this topic, a little different from the usual guitar stuff (under the risk of being banned by Neal ;) )
So what have the years of experience taught you? Is it true? :P

I saw this video today on youtube n it got me thinking! :) I, for one, have never tried to use my guitar-playing to impress any1!
Check it out for a laugh..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Frja3_q3E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5QCs3PnQBc
Akshay
Band Manager

Re: Do girls really like guitarists?

Postby Neal » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:33 am

Proof! :twisted:
Neal
Site Admin

Postby craig » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:39 am

lol thats a great question Akshay, and a bit of a hard one to answer, theres alot of variants. the straight answer in my opinion would be yes, i think anyone likes a half decent guitarist but as for women i think it can be a bit of a bonus, i have defenatly impressed women with playing them a smooth song or two and on the same token i have been equally impressed by women players, lol those are geat neal
STAY TUNED
craig
Reckless Roadie

Postby Neal » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:43 am

I remember me and a buddy got out our guitars out during our first week at university halls of residence (dorms). We were both chugging out some Metallica and other heavy stuff in our kitchen - the guys in the room were loving it. One of the girls looked at me in a suitably unimpressed fashion and asked "do you know any Greenday?".

So I started playing some greenday, bon jovi, oasis and what not. I think by the time I finished the entire floor of girls who lived below us was in our kitchen. So yeah, in my experience - play the simplest stuff you know and you'll do alright :lol:

Neal
Site Admin

Postby Kieran89 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:51 pm

Definitely think it depends on what you play. Unfortunately i'm into the heavy stuff which most girls I know aren't into. cept the scary ones... :|
Kieran89
Reckless Roadie

Postby Gearhead_42 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:34 pm

only if the bassist is already spoken for :twisted:

<ducks>
Gearhead_42
New Fan

Postby Akshay » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:57 am

lol these are great responses!

craig - yup it's true, a woman playing a guitar (well) is impressive!

Neal - That picture is so true! They never seem to like the skilled stuff :P
I'll be using the "dark side" of my guitar-playing force soon! 8-)
Akshay
Band Manager

Postby CtlAltDel » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:11 am

It is true. When I used to play live I'd get all sorts of interest from girls and I'm not THAT good looking and I'm not THAT good a guitar player either. But maybe things have changed lately. And I was just as successful when I played bass for awhile too. The drummer though........forget it. Girls think drummers are just one step up from roadies. And sound techs only ever got lonely guys hanging around them giving them 'advice'.
CtlAltDel
New Fan

Postby mcarp555 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 am

I never got a girl by playing bass. But then I've played plenty of rough & tumble seedy bars where the girls were either hanging out with bikers, or tarted-up lushes a good 15 years older than me.

And of course, if you happen to already have a girlfriend, and bring her to the gig, she'll send out hate daggers to any female who happens to glance in your direction.
Mike - Militant Left-hander
mcarp555
Pub Rockstar

Postby phrygian » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:43 am

haha, My experience is that girls likes a guitar player until they live under the same roof as you, then they hate those god damn guitars, and the noises they make and the room they take! :lol:
phrygian
New Fan

Next

Return to The Moshpit