ESP Ltd EC-1000 deluxe

List your equipment for sale and help it find a good home

Re: ESP Ltd EC-1000 deluxe

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:28 am

Zaxist wrote:Yeah its quite an amazing guitar! I still keep the bareknuckle and duncan at home and i am hoping to pickup one of those ec1000s for $600ish when i see one haha. My plan was to then maybe put those pickups onto that and keep that as a guitar for different tunings since I dont really change the floyd rose tuning. But simply put these emgs really do sound amazing in this guitar!

Yep im just an hour drive north of sydney on the central coast.

A lefty EC1000 for $600!!! if you see one for that price grab it before I do :lol:
I will sell you my KH-202 with SD's for a good price HA-HA :twisted: ( Yeh I know you ESP elitists don't like LTD's, only kidding!! )

http://www.iconmusic.com.au/store/elect ... uitar.html
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Postby Zaxist » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:29 am

Hahahah well! You wouldnt believe that two days a go i saw one go for 500 on ebay from victoria!!!!!!!

At the time I only had 400 on hand, but what a steal to the guy who got it!!

I just cant justify forking out double the money for an ESP when Ive already got one with the name on it, and Ive heard that the differnece between the two is more of a 400 dollar difference than a one thousand!!
Zaxist
New Fan

Postby Zaxist » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:36 am

Btw how does that kh202 sound? Does it sound like a high end guitar? Or does it have that cheapo quality?
How are the blackouts? Have you ever tried emgs? Comparison thoughts?
Zaxist
New Fan

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Zaxist wrote:Btw how does that kh202 sound? Does it sound like a high end guitar? Or does it have that cheapo quality?
How are the blackouts? Have you ever tried emgs? Comparison thoughts?

To be honest I have never seen a high end lefty guitar let alone have a chance to play one, their is a few decent sized shops around the Coast here & they have plenty of high end right handers only.

The most expensive guitar I have played is a Gibson Les Paul Studio I think the shop wanted $1700 for it & I don't think it was any better than my Hagstrom Super Swede IMO that cost me well under $1000.

So it is a bit hard for me to compare the KH202 to something like your M11 or a KH2. The KH202 has a Basswood body, bolt on neck, Licensed Floyd Rose, standard LTD tuners & cost $800, And the KH2 is neck- through, Alder body, Gotoh tuners etc & around $3000, I guess you get what you pay for & I think the non artist signature models are best value & I didn't buy it because I am a huge Kirk Hammett fan, I just wanted a fast neck & Floyd Rose at the time & some bloke from NSW beat me to a Snow White M11 :lol:

Its funny I went to see a Mettallica cover band about a year ago & they were pretty good, I asked the guitarist about his guitar & he uses a KH202 on stage!!!! He had a KH2 at home but wont take it to gigs for fear of damage :shock:

EMG actives vs Seymour Duncan actives, all I know is the EMG passives that came in the guitar were crap & the Blackouts transformed it, never tried EMG actives, look at forums half love EMG & half love S/D's. The Blackouts cost me $350 new & all the volume & tone pots, caps,jack & battery harness were fitted from the kit.

I think for someone starting out & looking for that style of guitar the KH-202's are pretty good for the money & I love the neck & I don't think it is cheapo quality wise, even though ESP owners will say otherwise!!

Jeez it took a while to get their & I still didn't answer your questions HA-HA. :twisted:
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Postby Zaxist » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:33 am

Just thought I"d let you know, I ended up picking up an epiphone sg400 new from Victoria for 400 +50 postage. Great guitar, swapped the stock pickups for my bareknuckle and Duncan and it sounds great! I use it for drop tunics and whatnot now, but I'm still hunting for that ec1000! HAHA.
Zaxist
New Fan

Postby Memory Lane Jr » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:55 am

Zaxist wrote:Just thought I"d let you know, I ended up picking up an epiphone sg400 new from Victoria for 400 +50 postage. Great guitar, swapped the stock pickups for my bareknuckle and Duncan and it sounds great! I use it for drop tunics and whatnot now, but I'm still hunting for that ec1000! HAHA.

I have been tossing up on an Epi G400 & a Tokai SG43 & do a pickup swap, who did you get the Epi from?
I missed out on a Morpheus drop tune the other day on ebay I would like to try one.
Memory Lane Jr
Pub Rockstar

Postby Zaxist » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:32 am

Yeahcthe Epi is a really great guitar with the pickup upgrade never seen those other ones though.
It was from a music shop I Melbourne, I can't remember the name though. I saw that Morpheus drop tune on YouTube a while back, it looks cool, how much did it go for on eBay?
Zaxist
New Fan

Previous

Return to For Sale / Wanted