Hold on to your hats folks because we’ve got some exciting news for all you fans of extended range guitar wizardry! Rondomusic has just announced that they are now taking deposits for their NINE STRING Agile Intrepid models – these have got to be the first really affordable left handed 9-string guitars on the market and as usual, Agile doesn’t disappoint in looks and features!
As with their recent announcement of a custom batch of Agile AL-3100 guitars, these Intrepids are due for completion in May 2011 and require a 50% deposit to secure your own. To reserve one will cost you $370 and the total price of the guitar is an amazing $745 plus shipping. They come in a standard specification in a gorgeous natural finish and come complete with hardcase.
Agile Intrepid 930 MN Natural Left Handed 9-String Guitar
- 9 String Guitar with Ash Body
- 1 piece bolt on neck
- Cepheus 9 passive pickup with master volume. Cavity has been routed large enough to accommodate additional electronics
- No inlays on the neck. Position markers on the side of the neck only
- 24 Jumbo Frets
- Maple Neck with 15” radius. Width 2 1/2” at the nut 3 1/8″ at the 12th fret and 3 3/8″ at the 24th fret
- String Spacing at the bridge: 7/16″
- Neck profile (thickness): 7/8″ at the nut 15/16″ at the 12th fret
- Scale Length: 30” Overall length: 44 1/2″
- Weight: Approx. 9.5 lbs
- String through body
- Die-cast Grover sealed tuners model GH305-18 with 18-1 ratio for fine tuning
- Graphite Nut
- Satin Polyurethane Finish
- String gauges: .009, .012, .015, .022, .030, .040, .054, .074 .090
- Guitar is setup to tune as a bass on the lower 2 strings (E, A). Then with standard 7 string guitar tuning on the upper 6 strings (B, E, A, D, G, B, E). However a variety of tunings is possible.
- Intrepid Wiring Diagram
I know I asked ‘are you man enough?’ when I wrote the 8-string left handed guitar list, but with a 30” scale length and almost 3.5inch wide neck you’ll need to have dinner plate sized hands to handle one of these monstrosities. If Chuck Norris played guitar … well you get the idea 😉
Hat’s off to Agile, they keep going from strength to strength and always manage to include the oft neglected lefty player – and you know what, we really appreciate it!
For more information: