Remember when a few months back we reported that Ibanez would be releasing the 30th Anniversary Loch Ness Green Jem 777 in a left handed model?
Well, as i’m sure many of you are well aware, Ibanez decided to do a bit of a Gibson and completely change their mind about that. Bad times!
The good news is that they have now decided to offer the left handed Ibanez 30th Anniversary Jem 777 in both Shocking Pink and Desert Yellow instead. Good times!
Left Handed Ibanez Jem 777 30th Anniversary Guitar
The left handed Ibanez Jem 777 has the following features:
- Body : Basswood
- Neck : Five-Piece Jem Maple/Walnut
- Fingerboard : Maple with Disappearing Pyramid Inlay
- Frets : W/6105 Frets (Scalloped on Frets 21-24)
- Bridge : Ibanez Edge Tremolo
- Pickups : DiMarzio Evolution (HSH)
- Other : JEM 30th Anniversary Neck Plate, Certificate of Authenticity
- Colors : Shocking Pink or Desert Yellow
- Case : Hardshell Ibanez Case
Trademark features such as the Lion’s Claw tremolo cavity, Monkey Grip, and scalloped frets from 21-24 are all present and accounted for. The guitar will also feature a special 30th Anniversary neck plate.
Although right handed players were offered the choice of three different colours, the left handed Ibanez Jem 777 will only be available in Shocking Pink or Desert Sun Yellow.
The Jem 777 is the guitar that put the Ibanez name on the map after initially being introduced at the 1987 NAMM show. So it’s fantastic news that us southpaws are finally getting a chance to own this iconic guitar.
Ibanez put together the video below which talks about the history of this landmark guitar.
How To Get One?
For more information:
Ibanez Jem 777 Mini-Site